As an Independent Barbadian Professional providing dental services, I am about to sign a contract in the EU to provide services there. May I travel to an EC member state to provide my services under the EPA?

February 09 2012 | Medical and Dental Services

Independent Professionals providing medical and dental services who have a contract with the final consumer in EC Member States can travel to these countries to provide services, under the following conditions:

  1. When you apply for entry to the EC, you must be a self-employed person established in Barbados and must have obtained a service contract for a period not exceeding 12 months.
  2. You must possess at least six years professional experience in the relevant sector.
  3. The temporary entry will be for a cumulative period not exceeding 6 months (or 25 weeks in Luxembourg) during a 12-month period or for the duration of the contract (whichever is less).
  4. The visa permits only the contracted service activity, no other business activities.

There are also the following conditions imposed in specific countries:

Slovenia: There is no commitment to permit the provision of these services. 

Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Slovenia & United Kingdom: Economic needs test will be applied.

Austria: No commitment except for psychologists and dental services, where: Economic needs tests will be applied.

Belgium, Greece, Finland, France, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia & Slovakia: There is no commitment to permit the supply of these services via this mode.