What about licensing requirements for Management Consultants from Barbados in Europe or European Territories in the Caribbean under the EPA? Do these exist?

February 09 2012 | Management Consulting Services


Yes, in order for a Barbadian Management Consultant or Management Consulting firm to provide services in the EC, a person’s qualifications or business license needs to be recognised in that country.  The Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) establishes a process for the private sector, through its relevant professional bodies, to negotiate the terms for mutual recognition of qualifications and licensing requirements.

The Agreement requires that the relevant professional bodies engage in negotiations with their counterparts in the EU. The professional bodies will then make recommendations to the CARIFORUM-EC Trade and Development Committee, which will finalise the mutual recognition agreements.