What about Market Researchers or Pollsters who are not investing in Europe or opening a business, but want to service a contract there? Are those professionals allowed to travel to Europe on contract?
February 09 2012 | Market Research And Opinion Polling Services
The simple answer is YES. However, there are some conditions placed on these Professionals who have a contract in Europe and want to travel there. Those conditions are:
- The person applying for temporary entry must be supplying a service as an employee of a business, which has obtained a service contract for a period not exceeding 12 months
- The person must have been an employee of the business for 1 year prior to application for entry, and must have at least 3 years professional experience in the field.
- The person applying for temporary entry must have a university degree or equivalent qualification, and professional qualifications where required by law.
- The temporary entry will be for a cumulative period not exceeding 6 months (or 25 weeks in Luxembourg) during a 12-month period or for the duration of the contract (whichever is less).
- The visa permits only the contracted service activity, no other business activities.
- The number of persons covered by the services contract shall not be larger than necessary to fulfil the contract.
In addition to those general conditions that apply throughout the EC, there are certain conditions imposed in specific countries:
In Cyprus, Germany, Estonia, France, Ireland, Lithuania, Netherlands, Sweden, & the United Kingdom, there is no market access or national treatment restrictions on the provision of these services.
Belgium imposes an economic needs test except for cases when the annual wage for the Professional is above the amount defined by the relevant laws and regulations.
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Greece, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Romania, Slovenia, & Slovakia all impose economic needs tests.
Latvia & Portugal have no commitment to permit the supply of Market Research or Public Opinion Polling services.
Hungary applies an economic needs test except for public opinion polling services, where there is no commitment to permit the supply of these services.