If an entertainment services firm wishes to enter an EU country to fulfil a contract and not necessarily to invest or open an office, what are the allowances under the EPA?

November 27 2011 | Entertainment Services

Barbadian entertainment services providers with a contract for services in EC Member States may go to those countries to provide their services; however, there are some restrictions.

A Barbadian wishing to provide these services must not be working on a contract that exceeds 12 months, and must have been an employee of the business for at least one year before the application for entry and have at least three years professional experience in their field.

The Barbadian is also not allowed to collect remuneration other than what is paid by the Barbadian company for the contract during their stay, and may not stay for more than six months cumulatively – or for the duration of the contract if that is less.

Only the number of people from the Barbadian company necessary to fulfill the contract will be allowed and they may not conduct any other business while in the Member State.

In addition to those general conditions throughout the EU, there are some country-specific conditions:

Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Finland, France, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia,  Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden & United Kingdom: Qualification may be required. Economic needs test will be applied

Austria: Advanced qualification may be required. Economic needs test will be applied.

SloveniaThe duration of stay for Barbadians supplying the services is limited to 7 days per event.  For circus and amusement park services, the duration of stay is limited to a maximum of 30 days per calendar year.

Belgium: There is no commitment to permit the supply of these services via this form of supply.