What are the requirements for licensing and qualifications for medical and dental practitioners from Barbados wishing to open practices in the EC?

February 09 2012 | Medical and Dental Services

The EPA sets out a clear requirement for mutual recognition of licensing and qualifications.  In order to provide services in another country, a person’s qualifications or business license needs to be recognised in that country.  The Agreement establishes a process for the private sector, through its relevant professional bodies, to negotiate the terms for mutual recognition of qualifications and licensing requirements.

The Agreement requires the relevant professional bodies to engage in negotiations with their counterparts in the EU.  The professional bodies will then make recommendations to the CARIFORUM-EC Trade and Development Committee, who will finalise the mutual recognition agreements.