Are there requirements for licensing and qualifications in the EU for Barbadian Engineering Service providers wishing to provide services there?

February 09 2012 | Engineering Services


Yes, there are.

The first requirement to provide services in an EU country is that the qualifications or business license has to be recongised in the country in which the service is provided.  The Economic Partnership Agreement contains a process for the private sector to negotiate the terms for mutual recognition of qualifications and licensing requirements with their European counterparts. Once these negotiations have been finalised, the professional bodies will make recommendations to the CARIFORUM-EC Trade and Development Committee, which will finalise the mutual recognition agreements.